Cliffs Natural Resources – Empire Mine – Palmer, MI
U3 Major Pellet Induration Repair
Copyright 2011 Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
Performed over 4,000 man hours of work on unit #3 in the pellet plant.
- Performed work on the process fans for unit #3 in the pellet plant. Our work varied from fan wheel weld repairs to housing repairs, duct repairs, motor replacement and alignment and fan balancing.
- Performed maintenance on the cooler consisting of pallet weld repairs, pallet leveling, carry roller inspection and replacement, dump wheel inspection, shimming and replacement and L seal inspection and replacement.
- Performed grate repairs consisting of grate chain replacement, support shaft wheel inspection and replacement, head and tail shaft bearing inspection and replacement, support shaft bearing and seal inspection and replacement, let down chain inspection and replacement and spill hopper installation.
- Performed pump inspections and made repairs as they were found.
- Made repairs to the drop out box and surrounding duct work.
- Repaired the grate dust valves.
- Inspected the pan conveyor and made the necessary repairs.
- Inspected and repaired the vibrating feeder under the cooler.
- Cooler repairs consisted of pallet repairs and pallet leveling, dump wheel inspection shimming and replacement, carry wheel inspection and replacement, hopper inspection and weld repairs, L seal inspection, replacement and adjustment.