Cliffs Natural Resources – Tilden Mining Co. – Ishpeming, MI
Copyright 2011 Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
We performed over 15,000 man hours of work throughout the concentrator, pellet plant and boiler room.
- Helped our subcontractor replace 5 of the plants belts.
- Performed maintenance on conveyors and feed and discharge chutes throughout the plant.
- Replaced Ducon Dampers in the dryer building.
- Performed process fan maintenance throughout the plant consisting of motor changes, alignments, fan wheel weld repairs, fan housing repairs, balancing, bearing inspections, seal replacement and lube inspections.
- Replaced the low head (Vibrating) feeder under the cooler.
- Repaired process fan duct work throughout the pellet plant.
- Performed maintenance on the cooler consisting of pallet shaft bushing replacements, carrying roller inspection and replacements, dump wheel inspection and replacement, thrust roller inspection and replacement, L seal replacement and adjustment, water jacket weld repairs, cooler pallet weld repairs and pallet leveling, stationary and moveable wall repairs and air tank casting inspection and replacement just to name a few.
- Installed protective roofs over catwalks located under the grate near the ball mill classifiers to protect workers from falling hot pellets.
- Performed inspections on all of the plants electrostatic precipitators and replaced the parts that were found faulty inside of them as well as the precipitator hopper inspections and repairs that needed to be made to them and the dust valves located under them.
- Inspected the Multicones and performed the required repairs that were found during the inspections.
- Replaced valves throughout the plant ranging in size from 3/4” to 12” for water and air and slurry.
- Performed general maintenance on the ball mill classifiers and relined one of the mills.